|Brown Sugar, packed
Cream Cheese, softened
1. Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Serve with a colorful assortment of seasonal fruit such as apple slices, pear slices and strawberries.
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Oats
In a heavy saucepan bring to a rolling boil the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa. Let boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add in Vanilla, and Peanut Butter. Mix well then add in Oats. Once everything is thoroughly mixed then drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls onto a sheet of waxed paper. Let cool and hardened then enjoy!
1 ½ Cup Flour 1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Cornmeal ½ Cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Tbsp. Sugar ¼ Cup Orange Juice
1 tsp. Baking Powder 2 Eggs
½ tsp. Baking Soda 2 tsp. Finely Shredded Orange Peel
½ tsp. Salt 1 Recipe Raspberry Orange Syrup
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, ricotta, orange juice, eggs, and orange peel.
- Add milk mixture to four mixture; stir just until combined.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat; brush lightly with butter. Add ¼ to ½ cup batter per pancake.
- Cook about 2 minutes; turn over when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until done.
- Spoon Raspberry Orange Syrup over pancakes. Garnish with additional fresh raspberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Makes 10-12 pancakes.
Raspberry Orange Syrup
In a small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, ½ cup orange juice, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 minutes or until syrupy. Stir in 1 pint fresh raspberries.
I just had a very tasty snack that is so cheap & easy. Had to share so I don’t forget about it.
- Wash and peel large Cucumber
- Cut in half lengthwise, then slice into pieces
- Put pieces in bowl then add about 2 tsp of EVOO
- Add a splash of Red Wine Vinegar
- Add salt to taste (optional)
- Mix together and add some Feta Cheese
You can also add diced radishes if you’d like.
The cucumber cost me $0.79 and I only ate half of it for this snack. The rest is in the fridge without the oils so I can have it another day.
Whole Green Chiles
Monterey Jack Cheese
2/3 Cup Milk
6 Tbsp. Flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
- Rinse chiles, pat dry w/ paper towel, slit lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut Monterey Jack Cheese into strips and place inside each chile. Place stuffed chiles side by side in 8″ baking dish
- Beat eggs until foamy, beat in milk, flour& baking powder until smooth. Pour over chiles moistening all surfaces. Sprinkles cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 40 min or until set in middle
- Remove from oven let stand 10 minutes before serving, Garnish with Salsa
Split kaiser rolls & toast under broiler – rub with garlic cloves & top with grated parmesan cheese – broil again.
Au Jus: Cook onions in EVOO til soft. Add 1 or 2 springs of fresh rosemary (or a pinch of dried), s&p, 1 T tomato paste, 2T Worcestershire Sauce, 2 C beef stock – bring to a boil. Add deli roast beef into Au Jus & heat through.
Pile roast beef onto bottom half of roll, top with slice of Provolone Cheese & melt under broiler. Dip top half of roll into Au Jus & serve with Au Jus for dipping.
It’s fast & fantastically delicious every time!
This recipe came from Rachael Ray.
16 Oz. R&F Acini Di Pepe
1 16½ Oz. Can Crushed Pineapple, drained but reserve juice
½ Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Flour
¼ tsp. Salt
8oz to 16oz can of Mandarin oranges
4 – 6 oz of maraschino cherries
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
1 to 2 8oz packages of Cool Whip
1. Cook Pasta as package directs; drain.
2. In heavy pan, beat egg with wire whisk until foamy.
3. Stir in sugar, flour, salt and reserved pineapple liquid.
4. Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
5. In a large bowl, combine pasta with egg mixture. Chill thoroughly for 1 hour.
6. Stir in pineapple, oranges, cherries and marshmallows as desired.
7. Fold in 1 package of Cool Whip, then add in more if needed until desired consistency.
8. Cover and chill thoroughly. Stir before serving.
2 cans of corn or 4 c of fresh corn
1/2 c chopped green bell pepper
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c mayo
Mix and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours. Just before serving add crushed Frito chili corn chips. Simply delish!
||12 oz can
||Beer (Coors or Budweiser)
- Melt Butter and pour enough into a 9×5 inch loaf pan to coat the bottom.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar and beer.
- Spoon dough into loaf pan.
- Pour remaining butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes or until bread is a light golden color.
Best when served immediately.
This recipe comes from Great Grandma
||Cream of Mushroom Soup
|1 Large Pkg.
|1 Lg. Jar
||Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- In a large frying pan sauté the diced onion, diced celery, and pimientos until the onion and celery are soft.
- Add in the soup to the frying pan and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spaghetti Al Dente per package directions
- Remove rotisserie chicken from bones and shred into small pieces.
- In a greased 9×13 casserole dish combine chicken, cooked spaghetti, onions, celery, etc.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese
Cover with tin foil and bake at 350° for approximately 35 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until very warm in middle.
Written by cindynorris
Leave a comment