1 ½ Cup Flour 1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Cornmeal ½ Cup Ricotta Cheese
2 Tbsp. Sugar ¼ Cup Orange Juice
1 tsp. Baking Powder 2 Eggs
½ tsp. Baking Soda 2 tsp. Finely Shredded Orange Peel
½ tsp. Salt 1 Recipe Raspberry Orange Syrup
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, ricotta, orange juice, eggs, and orange peel.
- Add milk mixture to four mixture; stir just until combined.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat; brush lightly with butter. Add ¼ to ½ cup batter per pancake.
- Cook about 2 minutes; turn over when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until done.
- Spoon Raspberry Orange Syrup over pancakes. Garnish with additional fresh raspberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Makes 10-12 pancakes.
Raspberry Orange Syrup
In a small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, ½ cup orange juice, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 minutes or until syrupy. Stir in 1 pint fresh raspberries.