This recipe comes from Mom
|1 ¼ Cups||Flour||½ tsp.||Salad Oil|
|1 ¼ Cups||Cornstarch||1 ½ Cups||Ice Water|
|6 tsp.||Baking Powder||2 Cups||Coconut|
|½ tsp.||Salt||1 Lb.||Raw Shrimp|
|¼ tsp.||Pepper||Shortening for frying|
- Mix all dry ingredients for batter.
- Add oil and ice water and stir to blend.
- Heat oil to 350° in deep fryer or electric skillet.
- Spread coconut on a flat pan a little at a time, adding more as needed.
- Dip shrimp in batter, then roll in coconut.
- Fry in hot oil until lightly browned. (About 3 minutes each.)
Leave a Reply