This recipe comes from Randy, Jr.
|1 Tbsp.||Vegetable Oil||½ tsp.||Sugar|
|1 Small||Onion||¼ tsp.||Black Pepper|
|3-4 Cloves||Garlic||1 ½ tsp.||Ground Cumin|
|4 oz.||Chopped Green Chilies||1 ½ tsp.||Chili Powder|
|1 Cup||Chopped Fresh Tomatoes||1 Tbsp.||Worcestershire Sauce|
|1||Finely Chopped Jalapeno||2||Chicken Breasts|
|12 oz.||V-8 Juice (Spicy is best)||Vegetables|
|1||Beef Bouillon Cube||Fried Tortillas, in strips|
|4 ½ Cups||Water||Avocados|
|1||Chicken Bouillon Cube||Shredded Cheese|
- Heat some of the water in the microwave until almost boiling. Add the bouillon and stir to dissolve.
- In a large pot, sauté first four ingredients until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the ingredients list up to and including the chicken (cooked and shredded), and including the bouillon water and the remaining water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour.
- Add any additional vegetables that you want in the soup. (Diced zucchinis are good in this.)
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 more minutes.
- To serve: Make enough corn tortilla strips for the amount of servings that you are going to make. (Two small corn tortillas per person is a good rule of thumb.)
Dish up the soup (thickened, if necessary) and top with Avocados, Cheese and Cilantro for garnish. May also put a scoop of sour cream on top.