This recipe comes from Mamaw.
|½ Cup||Shortening||¾ tsp.||Baking Soda|
|1 Cup||Sugar||3||Lg. Ripe Bananas|
|3||Eggs||½ Cup||Nuts (Walnuts or Pecans)|
|2 Cups||Flour||1 tsp.||Vanilla|
- Cream shortening and sugar together until fluffy. (This takes quite a while!)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking soda to egg mixture.
- Blend in mashed bananas, nuts and vanilla. (Don’t mix too much here!)
- Bake @ 350° in greased loaf pan for approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes. (Test by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, bread is done.)
This bread freezes very well for up to 6 months!